Design a Surfboard Locker for the Sharing Economy
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $120
- Penyertaan diterima: 31
- Pemenang: anurags7587
We are looking for conceptual product designs for a surfboard locker. This dock/locker for surfboards and SUP’s(stand up paddle boards) will be placed in parking lots, on beaches, and in parks. It will be fully automated and a member will be able to unlock it (likely with their phone) to access any board available. Please provide sketches, CAD models, or detailed renders.
**Locker Design Requirements:**
1. must be secure/lockable (as it will be in a public space)
2. entire locker must take up no more than 20’ x 8’ x 12'(LxWxH)
3. must be able to fit boards from 5’ x 24“ x 6“ to 12’ x 26” x 12”(LxWxH)
4. must be durable (think Citi bike docks) and weather resistant (boards must be protected from the elements)
5. must house a minimum 12 boards, max 40 boards
6. must drain sand and water
7. all boards must be accessible by a 5’ person
Ideas to consider:
1. show the top of the board like the Redbull locker has done ([login to view URL])
2. ideally members could see the boards, as there will be a variety of boards, from SUP’s to shortboards
3. combine horizontal access for longboards with vertical access for shortboards
4. utilize existing structure such as a freight container
5. access could mean to each individual locker, or to the inside of a structure, like a room (security would remain a focus)
6. a roof top for sitting
7. an area for kayaks to be secured to the outside
8. a solar heated water hook up
9. If you have secure locking mechanism ideas we would love to see them.
We want to see your eccentric and clever ideas! They can be rough sketches or refined models. See the file attached to better understand what we're after.
Maklum balas Majikan
“Anurag is very quick and has good ideas!”
bubbyvernon, United States.