A Unique Design for a Virtual World
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $75
- Penyertaan diterima: 24
- Pemenang: qinhanjia712
Are you a Unity3D environment designer? We have an application that is a hiking simulator and we are currently looking for ideas for a variety of exciting 3D hiking environments or Virtual Worlds. Some ideas are National Parks, Canyons, Swamps, Mountains and Fantasy Worlds from your imagination. Here’s a sample of the current environment [login to view URL]
IMPORTANT NOTE: This contest is only for environment IDEAS and the details of how you would do it and what would be included in it. This is NOT a contest where you will deliver a completed environment. We will review and award up to 4 ideas. Those ideas will become our property. You will be given the first opportunity to bid on the development of that idea. So, don’t enter this contest if you are not a Unity3D environmental developer.
The app will eventually have a very large number of environments so we are looking for a wide variety of worlds. They can be realistic worlds, fantasy worlds or cartoon-ish worlds. The main requirement is that the world be FUN to hike. We only want a PLAN for a world. Sketch a map and make a PLAN for a world that has these characteristics:
• All worlds will be 2000 x 2000 pixels.
• They will have main trails that are about 6 feet (2 meters) wide.
• They will have a smaller number of hidden trails that the hiker has to discover. The hidden trails should be about 2-4 feet wide (1 meter).
• They will have interesting features to look at (ie. Plants, trees, rocks, mountains, rivers, beaches etc.)
• They will have animated features like moving water, wind, waterfalls, surf etc.
• They will have at least a few animated animals in the sky, water and/or on land.
• It should be a closed world in that you don’t run up to the edge and are stopped. The Island is easy it has water all around it. Be creative with mountain ranges or whatever that surrounds and encloses the environment.
Your submission should include the following:
1. The title of your world
2. Detailed description of the world you are submitting. Tell me (in English) what it is that makes this world a very fun place to hike around in.
3. A large sketch of your world. It should have arrows and labels indicating the following:
• Main Trails
• Hidden Trails
• Interesting landmarks
• Animated features
• Animal locations
• What sounds will you use in what areas
3. A few sketches or screen captures that indicate the view from selected points on a trail. You can also use existing photos to illustrate what you hope to create.
4. An estimate of the time it will take you to build the entire terrain and populate it with the features and animals you mentioned. Also, your total COST to create everything.
A Sample Contest Entry is attached. Please take a look at it.
Maklum balas Majikan
“There skill is not only exceptional but, they also have the creativity I was looking for. ”
jbomhoff, United States.