Design a book cover (paperback & ebook)
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: £100
- Penyertaan diterima: 41
- Pemenang: photowiz2000
I'm looking for someone to design a book cover, for both an ebook and a paperback version. The paperback version will need to include the front, back, and spine design. I'm planning to upload it to Amazon, in a 6" x 9" size for the paperback. The printed version will be between 190-200 pages.
The book is called Those Happy Moments, and it is a non-fiction self-help book based on my experience blogging about daily happy moments for a year, and what I learned along the way. It is essentially a collection of short stories/blog entries, along with learning points and tips. A few additional details:
- The title is "Those Happy Moments"
- The subtitle is "How a One-Year Experiment Led to Lasting Happiness"
- The author name is Joëlle Marti
- I'd prefer to have a stylized cover, rather than photographs. An example of a cover in the style I'm thinking of is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Working-Lisa-Owens/dp/1509806563/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512550628&sr=1-1&keywords=not+working
- I'd like two main colors on the cover (one for the background and for the title/author font), but additional details/drawings could be in a third color (or in black/white)
- I also don't really want the blog itself to feature on the cover (i.e., no computers): I'd rather it reflect a few of the Happy Moments themselves, with maybe 1-3 small drawings. Some examples (not all of which have to be featured) would be: a pigeon, a shark, a yoga mat/yoga posture, an airplane, a double-decker bus (the London style), a cupcake, or a series of dreamy clouds. Alternatively, if a clean cover without any drawings looks great, I'm certainly open to that too!
- There will be text on the back cover, so it can be a relatively clean/uniform color. I'll furnish the text if requested.
- I've attached a short extract from the intro and from one of the chapters, so that you can get a sense of the style/tone of the book.
- I've also attached an author picture - I'd like to see if it makes sense to include a small one on the bottom of the back cover.
- The text for the back cover (book description and short author bio) is now attached as well.
- Lastly, I've attached the png with the size dimensions of the paperback version (the page number may vary very slightly, so this may require a little minor tweaking over the next week, but likely not significant).
The timeline is to have the cover done by December 15th, including time for revisions. Please do reach out for any further questions or clarifications.
Many thanks for your thoughts, and look forward to working together!
Maklum balas Majikan
“This was my first time using Freelancer, and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better collaborator than Laura. Out of the nearly 50 submissions I received for my book cover design contest, hers was the only one that immediately grasped my vision and what my book was about. She was incredibly responsive and creative, and always provided me with multiple design options, so that I could choose the one that worked best for me. In addition to her top-notch design skills and flexibility, her communication skills also made it incredibly easy to stay in touch, and her turnaround time was impressive. I'd very happily use her talents again in the future, and would recommend her without hesitation. Five stars, all around.”