Design a Logo for Dockem
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $100
- Penyertaan diterima: 76
- Pemenang: thenext01
A Note from the project creator:
I'd like to thank all of you for submitting your entries - there were lots of good ideas in there and it was hard to choose just one. It will be too time consuming to give feedback on all of your entries, so I will give some feedback on why we chose the one we did and hopefully that may be some help to you in your professional development.
There were a few things we liked about the winning logo:
1. It used our original (O) logo with only a minor tweak, as originally requested. There were several logo submissions and ideas we liked, but couldn't use because it didn't have our (O)
2. The minor tweak in the (O) - the small gap that was added - is what tied the (O) into the word "Dockem", because the other minor tweak made was in the "O" of "Dockem". Putting the gaps in the (O) and the O of Dockem made them look more like a cohesive unit, designed to be together, which is what we have always struggled to do with the (O) and the text "Dockem".
3. The font is simple and clean and looks professional without being too boring at the same time. Having it all caps so that all the letters were the same height added to the cleanliness of the design.
4. It can be resized to be small or large and still be legible without losing clarity on any of the features. Several of the entries were nice, but when envisioning them in a small size, they wouldn't be clear. For our purposes, we needed a logo that can be any size.
5. The different components can be used individually as well. The word "Dockem" is unique with the tweaked "O", so it could be used alone without the (O) and still be recognizable. The (O) obviously also can still be used on it's own. The "OWN YOUR SPACE" may not be best on it's own, but not something we would normally use anyhow. It was, however, tied into the rest of the logo nicely with good spacing and well thought-out coloring.
Hope that gives you all some insight into our thought process. Thanks again for all of your submissions and best of luck with your future endeavors!
We like part of our logo, the (O), but would like to revamp the words. Looking for something simple and streamlined with the (O) and the word "Dockem". If you can include a version with "Own your space" incorporated somehow as well, that would be a nice bonus. Must be able to provide vector versions of your design. Looking forward to reviewing your entries and selecting a new logo. Thanks!
Examples of logos I like for their simplicity are the Speck and Anker logos attached.
About the company: We sell electronics accessories, with our primary products being wall mounts for tablets and sleeves for tablets. The (O) is often embossed directly onto products, which is why it needs to still be incorporated into any logo design. The main logo with the words will be for use on our website, ads, and printed on our packaging.
We are looking for something that is easy to print, uniform in shape (a horizontal logo much like our current logo), clean, and professional looking. It needs to give off a very professional vibe. We sell mounts for expensive tablets, so people need to trust that the "Dockem" brand can be trusted holding their expensive devices.
Also, our sleeves are an clean and elegant business type style, so professional looking is a must.
Thanks for your entries!
Maklum balas Majikan
“Thanks again for the design and ideas. Files all look good, thanks!”
cjm610, United States.