Design a next generation web ad for hotels
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $650
- Penyertaan diterima: 3
- Pemenang: veshi
READ the entire description or you probably can't win the contest.
Imagine you are Airbnb or [login to view URL] and you are tired of the same old banner ads you see on the web; they don't represent your brand well.
So you decide to start from scratch and think about what would be the best visual, possibly interactive display advertisement widget you could build?
How to win the contest:
1. the point of any ad is to get the users to click through.
2. webmasters hate putting ads on their website. This design is so BEAUTIFUL that it seems almost like content that people love putting onto their website.
3. It's mobile friendly (or even mobile-first)
4. CREATIVITY and thinking from scratch counts!
The first generation of ad banners we've all see. 720 x 90 or 90 x 600 flat or vertical banner ads that suck.
Then facebook and instagram came along and revolutionized the (mobile) and content-like ad experience.
What's next? That's what this contest is about.
I've included 2 facebook ad designs for some kickoff inspiration.
You should also google the instagram ad boxes (what it looks like on mobile) and the campaign Mercedez Benz ran there.
I've also included a couple of photos from a Hilton - these are the types of photos that you can expect to see in the box (along with money shots of Paris, or the Maldives) feel free to download more from the net if you need them as sample.
This contest might not seem to involve much work - and that's correct - it involves creativity.
But remember that complexity is not good. I'm looking for something that FITS onto a nice travel blog, or beautiful website; AirBnB does this really well, they are a good inspiration for the TYPE or FEEL of product I'm looking for.
Typical sizes include the facebook box size, instagram photo size, 200x200 (small), 300x300
and so forth
IT NEEDS TO BE MOBILE FRIENDLY.
It can look different on desktop and mobile, but if it's not mobile friendly, it will not be considered.
1) I expect one desktop and one mobile version.
2) what does it look like, what buttons/swipe functions does it have?
3) what does interaction look like? (hover? click? swipe?)
4) show it in the CONTEXT of a mock website (any wordpress/squarespace template, cnn, bbc or other existing website will do)
One last thing - the photos that this container holds will be random, rather than specific (random hotels, random photos of nice cities to visit) so take this into account.
In addition to the usual Freelancer.com terms, if you submit anything and win the contest:
1. Your work belongs entirely to me, and I can use it for commercial profit without any further recompense to you.
2. I can alter your work however I see fit after awarding you the prize, and any objections on the basis of originality, intellectual property, et al is groundless.
3. Once the prize is awarded, any work submitted by you cannot be reused for another party's commercial benefit.