Design an eSports user experience
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $400
- Penyertaan diterima: 4
- Pemenang: simonlloydsteven
This competition is for you to show us what you would do to improve the User Experience of http://battlefy.com.
We are looking for both experience designs as well as an explanation of why you have made key decisions. Although we love looking at beautiful work, unfortunately you will not win the competition unless you can explain both “the what” and “the why”.
Battlefy is building the platform for major game studios, publishers, brands, and eSports organizations to create, market, and scale tournaments and leagues. Check out our integration with League of Legends! The growth in this one game alone has been amazing; with 100 million+ players each month, the market opportunities are endless.
Since launching in January 2014, we have grown 2496%. Of the 10,973 tournaments we have powered, you will recognize many of the industry’s leading organizations including Blizzard’s World Championship Series Qualifiers, League of Legends Collegiate Championships, Ubisoft’s Road2Paris, Dreamhack, Fragbite Masters, and the Australian Cyber League.
What is the scope?
Please investigate the following flows:-
1. As a tournament organizer, from the Battlefy homepage register and create a tournament that requires team play (e.g. League of Legends), then use the share features of the tournament to publicize the event.
2. As a team captain use one of the links to the tournament you have created in order to join the tournament. This will also take you through a registration process. Once you are registered, create your team and invite other players to join the team.
3. As a team captain, check your team into the tournament you have joined and once the tournament starts, use the bracket to score report your matches.
4. As an organizer, captain and player view and edit your personal and team profiles
The above are key flows. There are many variations of these in the product so please feel free to explore once you have the basics.
Our users are predominantly organizations that run tournaments, captains and players who play in them and the fans that watch the matches. They use PCs, tablets and mobile phones and are spread all over the globe.
We support a broad set of user needs with a comprehensive & advanced feature-set including automated score reporting, free agent and team support (including persistent teams) and chat all through the same Web UI.
What are the deliverables?
We are looking for deliverables that are practical rather than purely conceptual. We need to be able to take these designs, produce final mockups (if needed) and then implement them.
We'd like you to decide how much of the site you wish to tackle, at a minimum we suggest that you look at the key flows outlined above. For sure you can produce sketches, mockups, wireframes, documents and whatever you think you need to do in order to convey both your experience design and your experience design decisions.
Additionally please feel free to ask questions and make this interactive. We don't expect you to design something in complete isolation and we'll do our best to answer any questions within 24 hours.