'Evil Cyborg War Horse' Defeated In Battle
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: £140
- Penyertaan Diterima: 43
- Pemenang: blacktee011
Hey, please read this carefully as this project is very specific and detailed. I'm looking for a talented illustrator to create a piece of artwork which will be used to promote and advertise my website. The site is dedicated to training people in how to analyse and reverse engineer malware. There are three main elements to be included in the composition.
Most prominently will be the 'evil cyborg war horse'. I envision this to be a dark horse but perhaps with some 'wolf like' characteristics (though it should clearly be a horse). It should be in a pounce (jumping on) to the 'innocent girl' (we'll get to her later). The horse should clearly look evil, violent and vicious, I imagine a lot of this can be done in it's expression, perhaps a snarl with dripping saliva from it's teeth (just a suggestion, you are more creative than me!). The main part of the horse however is it's skin. Parts of the horses skin should appear to have been 'blasted open' revealing the horses internals which are composed solely of HEX values (you can be creative in how you style these). The groups of two digits visible in "hexvalues.gif" are what I'm talking about. You can use any values you want, and you are welcome to include your name (no web addresses please) somewhere in hex form, you can find a text to hex converter here: http://string-functions.com/string-hex.aspx
The second element is the "innocent girl". This is the young girl who is about to be attacked by the 'war horse', you can use your imagination to style her, though she should be sitting down and cowering away from the attacking monster (horse). Age wise, I'd say she was around 20-25. She should have an open laptop with her (we shouldn't see the screen), this should just be generic and unbranded, probably grey in color. The girl has her finger on one of the keys.
The third and final element is the "lightning". This is the connection between the horse and the girl. Essentially, the girl's laptop casts powerful lightning which rips away a part of the horses skin (revealing that the horse is in fact, made of 'computer code' [the hex values] ;) ). This symbolises the power of reverse engineering and analysis.
General Image Notes:
* I imagine this taking place on a baron battlefield, you can include craters, cracked ground etc.
* As this is aimed at an adult, technical, analytical audience, attention to detail will be a really big plus and the imagery should have an adult tone (mature style), think of the difference between powerful, violent, shockingly memorable imagery (as in what I'm looking for) and the calming, soothing, friendly imagery of childrens illustration. :)
* I'd like there to be a violent sky, and the image to be dark in style.
* Background wise, any suggestions welcome, depending on what suits your vision of the scene best.
* Size, I'd like a decent sized image, wide screen format, but the option to scale the image without loss of quality is important (as it may be used on different formats).
General Project Notes:
* If there are any promising illustrations whose creators are willing to put more time and work in to perfect the image, I may increase the budget ;)
* Style wise, I have a more inked style in mind but I will be happy to consider all potential styles (except for 3d rendering, this should be a 2d type image)
* The image will receive much public exposure online and offline and all exposure will be fully credited back to the winner (with either a name credit or where applicable a website link too)
* This will be the start of further projects in the future and so any entrants whose work impresses me will be considered for future work, although obviously the winner of the contest will have priority. One of the smaller projects will commence very soon after this contest closes (it will most likely be awarded to the winner)
* Attached are some images to inspire some thought :D
* If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask
Maklum Balas Majikan
“I have no complaints about Dima, the opposite in fact. A true professional whose talent is way underpriced. Dima understood exactly what I wanted and kept in touch throughout the project.”
JSaile, United Kingdom.