FUN JOB: Illustrate a map for a Fantasy game based in old mythology
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $60
- Penyertaan diterima: 13
- Pemenang: igniphis
Ladies and gentlemen,
We need a fantasy style map for a PC/Mobile game based on Finland's epic, the Kalevala. A great way to show your talent if you're a medieval/mythology fan. Doing some wikipedia and google research to know a bit more of the history and places can be a bonus to your inspiration, but it's not mandatory.
There are 2 "inspirational maps" attached plus an image sketching what we want in the map to appear. Most of the places that we want on the map will be quests/places that the player will interact with, therefore we need them to be clear in the map with illustrations, as many of them will be click-able/touch-able.
Places on the map and further instructions:
- The most important places are: POHJOLA (town in the north) and KALEVALA (town in the south), ideally drawn with illustrations of old-style houses, huts, etc. Pohjola should be covered with snow and have a small draw of an old woman, while in Kalevala should have a summer atmosphere with a small draw of an old man.
- There should be a river that connects the two lands.
- There should be a sea between the lands with an island called SAARI and a “misty cape” ( [login to view URL](geography) ); Somewhere in the shore of the sea there should be a dock or something that can be click-able and the player can go there; there should also be a sea monster somewhere in the sea that resembles "Iku-Turso" ( [login to view URL] ).
- In a northern corner should be TUONELA (land of death // like Valhalla); which should be a land with a river (it's the river of "death"), which should have the illustration of a "swan of death" and a lake with an island inside, called MANALA (and inside the island there should be an illustration of a "house of death")
The map needs also to show a lot of wilderness with illustrations of pine and spruce trees. Somewhere on the map there MUST be illustrations of
- a giant moose/elk (near Pohjola)
- mountains (near Pohjola)
- a huge sleeping giant with trees growing on him (Vipunen [login to view URL] )
- a swamp
The map DOESN'T need to be exactly like in the sketch as long as it has all the details needed in the instructions above.
We need it at max for Thursday 10 AM GMT time, so the winner could be chosen earlier (in other words, timing is a bonus).
PS: If there's two files with the name instructions... the second is the one you should look.
PS2: The winner might be contacted again in the future for further works related to the same topic.
Maklum balas Majikan
“Would love to work with her again; excellent artist!”