Illustration for promoting a theatreplay for children (4-10 years old)
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: €150
- Penyertaan diterima: 16
- Pemenang: natalialombardo
Within my business Theatra ([url removed, login to view]) I am developing a theatreplay for children. And I am looking for a designer/artist who can make a illustration for the promotion of it.
About the story
The play is based on the fairytale Jack the Giant Slayer. In a country far, far away people are working very hard. And because they work so hard, there is plenty of food. People are dining every night together and dance till the sun comes up again. Everybody is happy.
But one day a giant arrives and he tells the people they have to bring him food every day. If they refuse, he will destroy the country. People agree and every day someone goes to the giant, who lives in the clouds, to bring him plates full of meat, vegetables and bread. But after a while all the the food in the country is eaten by the giant. So he decides they have to bring him a little child every day instead.
The first boy that is selected to go to the giant, is Jack. He is a dreamer and always full of ideas. In his room he has three magical beans. He has the feeling that with those beans he can beat the giant. But everyone is laughing about that plan. No one could ever beat the giant. So that night he plants the beans in the ground. When he wakes up the next morning there has grown an enormous beanstalk. He gathers all the children of the country and climbes with them in the beanstalk. The giant sees them, chases them and finally is caught in the beanstalk and falls dead on the ground. Jack conquered the giant and everybody lives happily ever after.
About the illustration
* The illustration is meant to be used for promotion on a website and flyer. It has to be appealing for teachers, so they will consider to buy the play.
* You can use the information of the story above. I am thinking for example about a big dining table full of food with somewhere the shadow of the giant. Most important is the threat of something bad over a very happy scene. The name of the play is "Smakelijke Sprookjes" ("Tasty Fairytales"), so food and a part of the story has to be in it. In the play me and my colleague are two cooks who tell the story.
* The illustration has to be in good quality, so we could also use it later to print for example on a poster.
* Texts and information we will add later. So this contest is only about the illustration itself.
* The play is made for children in the age of 4-10 years old. So it can be a bit exciting, but not too scary.
Are you a creative designer or artist who can develop an illustration for me, which is attractive for children? Then I hope to hear from you!
Maklum balas Majikan
“Natalia is a very friendly and professional designer. She puts a lot of effort in her work and does everything to make the customer happy. I would definately work with her again!”