Sword version 2
- Status: Closed
- Hadiah: $150
- Penyertaan Diterima: 10
- Pemenang: Sico66
Project is the cloth cover to a foam sword. Successfully completed first version is attached in PDF, along with an example of what one looks like in reality.
1. Image must be printable on fabric by RGB or similar. (No metallic colors)
2. Image must be vector-scalable.
3. Image must maintain the proportions of the original foam sword.
4. Image must maintain the star and winged sword, though not necessarily the same colors or dimensions or locations.
Three goals, not all of which must be fulfilled to be the winning entry-
1. Make a more "realistic" sword cover. (Cover makes the sword look more like a regular sword)
2. Make a more "fantasy realistic" sword cover. (Cover makes the sword look more like a sword out of a video game)
3. Fix the issue with the cloth tip where the image struggles at the tip of the actual cover. I suspect there is not a simple solution to this issue and am willing to accept roughly what the current version is for this issue.
The "red" version in Foam sword Dec 2018 New.pdf is the base measurements of the actual foam sword. Therefore, any image should conform to the "red" dimensions - though a layer should be available without the red lines for actual printing.
Note: There appears to be a display issue. The foam tip should contain a gradient like Screen Shot 2018-12-29.pdf. For some reason, some monitors/displays for the Foam Sword Dec 2018.pdfs do not show a gradient at the tip, and merely a straight white area. I think it is related to the program which opens the PDF.
Multiple winners possible!
See below for first version contest description information
I am looking for a graphic designer/illustrator to generate a partially-scaling graphic which will be printed on a sheet of fabric. The fabric will wrap around a rectangular foam padded "sword" as a cover. The purpose of the graphic is to give a relatively thick object a fabric cover which conveys a more narrow and realistic appearance. In other words, I'm looking to visually shape something that is similar to a 3D rectangle into something more similar to a "2-dimensional" medieval sword using shading, contouring, or other visual techniques. The fabric area covers the "blade" only. The fabric will likely be sewn down one major edge seam instead of two or more seams. Some allowance will be required for the seams. Color should be RBG/Adobe RBG and pure metallic colors should be avoided as unfeasible. File should ultimately be producible in a PNG, JPG, or flattened TIFF file.
For the most part, the blade width and depths(flat) will not change. Only the blade length will change. Prototype blade is 30 inches long, blade flat 3 inches wide, and blade edge approximately 1.5-1.6 inches wide.
Maklum Balas Majikan
“Great work! He worked very hard to try and figure out how to implement what I wanted. ”
KennethKON, United States.