I need a research assistant for a book I'm writing that deals with 12 topics on the mental aspects of tennis. I need someone who can research material on sports psychology, philosophy, spirituality, business, and science. The assistant must be able to cite primary and secondary resources.
1. What is forgiveness? Why forgiving yourself and teammates is crucial in being successful in sports? Cite examples.
2. How is the role of respect (respecting opponents and yourself) important in being a mentally tough competitor? Cite examples.
3. What is a “sense of urgency?” How can a sense of urgency be helpful in sports competition? How can a sense of complacency and impatience be detrimental to achieving goals? Cite examples.
4. Why recovery (recovery of the mind and body) is crucial in becoming a mentally tough player? Cite examples.
5. Play with Joy: Golden State Warriors' Head Coach Steve Kerr emphasizes playing with joy. Expand on this concept of playing with “joy” and how tennis players can become successful by applying joy to their games.
6. “Ego” can ultimately be unhelpful to any sports competitor. Explain why that is and how to seek motivation from outside the ego. Cite examples.
Find answers to these questions from primary and secondary resources (please cite sources and copy/paste text from these sources).