To work on this project, you'll need a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Android Nougat development kit.
I need an Android application that will run in the background as a service. Whenever it detects the Samsung Galaxy S7 private folder has been mounted (whenever private mode is enabled), it will copy the files from the private folder to another folder on the phone's internal memory.
1. Application starts and runs as a background service
2. Application detects the private folder is mounted
3. Application indexes all files in the private folder
4. Application copies all files from the private folder to another folder on the phone's internal memory
5. Application will not re-copy files that were already successfully copied, it will only copy new/changed files whenever it detects the private folder is available again
6. All exceptions should be silently ignored and cause no notification to the user
1. Must be able to function without the phone being rooted
2. Must be able to be installed without private mode being enabled
3. The application should not contain a GUI
4. The application should work silently in the background
I'm not entirely sure this application is possible without the phone being rooted, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. If possible, this should be a simple application for an experienced Android developer.