The attached chart of accounts is for a Canadian construction company using percentage of completion accounting method. We are looking for an experienced individual to assist us with the following tasks.
[login to view URL] each section and every item in the attached COA and provide a list of recommendations for improvement and refinement. The objective is to "future proof" the draft COA for expansion while maintaining an efficient and logical structure.
2. Implement the agreed upon changes.
3. Assign the correct Canadian GIFI codes to each item.
4. Complete the "Definitions" for each item. The requirement is to provide simplistic and effective descriptions/explanations to ensure it can be understood by personnel without an accounting background.
5. Provide a draft copy for review.
6. Upload the reviewed/updated file into Quickbooks Premier Contractor 2018 via remote access & provide backup IIF file format.
7. Complete all of the required mapping.
8. Test the install to ensure all features are functioning correctly.
9. Setup and test reporting features for Level 1-8 details.
10. Setup and test the reporting features to comply with surety/bonding reporting requirements including Work In Progress (WIP)
All submissions MUST be accompanied by 3 recommendations. This is to vet your understanding and comprehension of the requirements.
We do NOT want submissions from individuals that are:
1. NOT familiar with % of completion accounting.
2. NOT obsessed with simplifying complex details into a simplistic form
3. NOT able to understand that this requires an extremely high level of structure based upon a cross-functional and logical progressive sequencing of operations, and
4. Willing to settle for "good enough"
There will also be another project associated with this which is to set-up Quickbooks with approx. 300 costs codes from the attached Cost Code List.
Ask a question or request clarification. No time-wasting and purposeless "Hello" dead end chats. We are looking for a professional to perform the project, not a chat buddy.