I want to know for a given country, what a business invoice needs in order to be legal. When a company or individual ("service provider") provides a service to their customer ("client"), the service provider issues an invoice to the customer. This invoice has mandatory information that varies by jurisdiction. I want to know what that information is.
The deliverable for this project is the following:
1. A template of a tax invoice in the specified country. It is a picture or screenshot of an invoice, with mandatory fields clearly marked and labelled.
2. A full list of the mandatory information and fields in the invoice. Usually this includes the following fields. Note that, if your deliverable is simply a copy of this list, it will not be accepted without full justification.
b. Name of service provider and client
c. Address of service provider and client
d. Date of invoice issue or services provided
e. Description of service provided
f. Any other identifying information: tax numbers, company / entity numbers
g. Any tax related information: breakdown of taxes
3. Specify under what conditions is an invoice neccesary, or whether there are exceptional circumstances where an invoice is not necessary.
4. If a tax component is required in the invoice, specify how tax is calculated, including individual / business tax rates for the given jurisdiction. Every tax item must be specified.
5. The URL of the website which you used to obtain this information from, to support your deliverables. It should be a website from the government of the specified jurisdiction (usually a .gov TLD). URLs pointing to commercial entities (e.g. tax law firms) are not acceptable.
6. Alternatively, if a website is not available in said country, a picture of a government-sanctioned document should be provided, along with an explanation of why no website is available.
As an example, attachments show an example of tax invoices in Australia. The Australia tax invoice is documented in this URL:
[login to view URL]
Hi! I am a Chartered Accountant from India, If the Jurisdiction in India, I can do this job for sure, In India I have my own consultancy firm as GST consultant. Looking to have word with you. Thanks.