Learning Genie Inc is a fast-growing education-tech startup company in Carlsbad, California, featured on ABC 10, San Diego Business Journal, Huffington Post, and other major media.
Our mission is to improve the lives of Early Learning teachers and leaders through our technological innovations. Our key product provides mobile apps and data services to help early learning centers, PreK/TK classes in School Districts, and Head Start Programs better record children's daily learning activities in digital portfolios, assess their developmental progress and provide a tool for data-driven family engagement.
We are currently seeking a LATAM based AWS Cloud/Devops Engineer will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with the Manager of Operations and Devops to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
* Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
* Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
* Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
* Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems, SQL server bases
* Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
* Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
* Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
* At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
* Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
* Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
* Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
* Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK and deploying applications on AWS
* Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
* Strong bias for action and ownership
* Knowledge of Java and Restful backend
* Previous startup experience would be a huge plus
* Latent desire and/or curiosity in related domain like software development, front-end engineering, security or project management