Communication is key to this project. You must be able to communicate effectively in English. I would like to design a game similar to "Castle Clash" or "Clash of Clans." I program too, but I do not have much time available to me. So I come here for assistance of sorts. I would like to eventually build a full game. But my funds are limited. My programming skills are to the task but my project organization is not. As such, I would like a framework for the client-side that provides basic features that I can extend. Server-side and database I can handle on my own. Although I would like a simple service programmed also to handle some client requests.
If I am happy with the result of this project and find I do not have the time to finish it myself I will come back and ask you for a quote for other parts.
- This is to begin with UML design. Once I approve the interfaces and designs coding can proceed for those elements.
- The source is to be commented well and use good programming practices.
- You, your team, your company will have no rights to the final game and I can modify the source as I see fit.
- I don't care if you use the ADK or NDK.
- GOOD OOP! GOOD engine design!
- As might be apparent, you will submit the source files to me
Resource Management: Manage phone resources effectively during the lifecycle of the application
Data Storage: Local file on the phone to store game data. Should represent the user's base layout, cash, etc. ***IF*** it is easier use a DB to organize and retrieve the data do so.
Client: Basic user interface. Basic game functions. Send simple requests to server, which is represented by android service. Handle server responses.
Server: Receive client messages. Send response to client. Load/Store client base layout/data during app initialization and termination.
- Low quality graphics
- One animated character
- One animated ability by a unique character that is activated randomly
- Some terrain that changes over time (like planted crops in "Farmville". This is essentially the same behavior I want)
- User base can be represented as a simple grid. These changes over time can be as simple as loading a different colored square image into it.
***Please note animations are only for me to see how they are implemented in code. They should be very simple. Something as simple as changing shapes with direction and perhaps shifting color over time. All graphical elements do not need to be complicated. They are acting as placeholders for the final graphics.
- Background music playing
- Sound effect played when unique character activates their ability
- Low quality sounds
***Again these are placeholders for final music and effects. They do not need to be complicated just something that can be grabbed fast off web.
- Simple is the theme and continued here. It should contain elements for:
- Amount of money held
- See achievements
- Daily gifts
- Attributes such as might
- Daily notices from events while away
- View profile
- Tapping a building will provide buttons to performs building functions, display building info and level up building
- ... a few more
This is a good sample. Most will not be implemented but are for show, holding the place for final coding. What is important is that some elements are expandable. At least one set should be implemented of these. I do have notes I need to dig up regarding the UI which I can furnish you.
I have additional ideas for the game design, again I must dig them up. Please ask questions to clarify things. The UML phase is important and is where we can determine many of the details. Please tell me your expectations from the posting as well. I do not want you to bid and be surprised.