I am looking to build an Android library/SDK similar to this: [login to view URL]
In a nutshell, we are building a service that allows retailers to track capability to their mobile apps.
The requirements are:
To create an Android SDK/library with support for Android API 17+
It should be simple for a developer to add to his application.
It should following methods/capabilities:
* Initialisation - It should have a method to configure (API key, some basic configuration)
* Start - Trigger API to let the server know the user has started trip.
* Location Permissions -
* Background Location - Send asynchronous location updates every 30 seconds to the server. If the server responds with a 4xx, stop the background location service.
* Stop - Stop the background location service. Trigger API to let server know the user has arrived
* Exceptions - Stop background location service if application is killed. Capture crash logs in cache and asynchronously post to an API when possible.
* APIs and contracts will be provided.
* Any free commercial license / MIT license open-source library or code for background location tracking can be used.
* Expectation is to have this by May end.
Happy to take a call to discuss and clarify above.