This project is developed for educational purposes, hence the source code is needed together with the application. The application should be neatly coded and methods for each function should be labelled and if referenced from another source, it needs to reference the appropriate source / author if applicable.
The android app should be developed on Android Studio. The android application is to enable sharing of appliances / items with users in the same area. Users can scan and locate other users in the same area to share their appliances. This can be done via a directory showing listings of appliances available in their area.
The application should allows user to:
1) Register account / login function
2) Post, edit and delete listing of the appliances they can share (Text & Images)
3) View listings in the same area
4) Private message system for borrower to private message sharer
5) Review system for sharer and borrower to review each other (Rate stars and write a comment)
The choice of database suggested is Google's Firestore or any other database you are proficient with and suitable for the project.
Agile methodology is recommended for the development of this application.