Login into my development laptop NOW!!!!and create a backend schema and front to display items, add items , and change item category.
Max 2-3 hours
the above is most important, I have already created login system and flash notifications.
This is what i'm building
Create an application which will allow at least two users to log in simultaneously and manage items in categories. The categories should be in a hierarchy of potentially infinite depth. The items only require a label.
The users should be able to perform standard CRUD, plus if one user makes a change, the other user(s) should see the change (if appropriate) without manually refreshing their web browser.
Your solution should follow best practice, and be robust and scalable. We expect to see the same techniques and approaches that you would use in a real project.
Mark wants to keep track of his belongings. He logs in, and is presented with a list of categories, showing the different levels visually. He adds “Electronics”, and under that, “Televisions”. To this category he adds the items “49-inch LCD”, “40-inch plasma”, and “32-inch CRT”.
Sandy logs in and creates “Gaming consoles”, and under this, the items “PS4 Pro”, “XBox One X”, and “Nintendo Switch”.
Mark sees Sandy’s entries appear. He edits “Gaming consoles” to sit under “Electronics”. This change appears on Sandy’s screen as soon as he has done it.
If possible in the time :
The following areas are not required, but if you choose to include them we will count them as bonus points.
● Authorisation (user levels, permissions, ACLs, roles, etc.) in addition to authentication. For instance, allowing some users to edit, and some to view only.
● Appropriate and sensible tests.
● Any other dimensions on the data that might be useful, e.g. tagging.
● Responsive design techniques for different screen sizes, mobiles, etc.
● Any form of notifications - e.g. toast, element styling - to alert the user that
something on their screen has changed.