I need articles written on the following areas - this isn't a 'search engine keyword' job - I need helpful, informative, interesting articles that are all your own work, in purfict English.
The articles will be aimed at young, unsigned artists so the style can be pretty light & not too formal. I can provide some great links which provide indepth information on each area, but stress that these articles must be original & you may need to do your own research too if you're not familiar with the subject area.
Articles need to contain information relevant to both the UK and the US - but with a heavy emphasis on UK. I can't really give you a 'guide word length' - it's akin to 'how long is a piece of string' - just write what is necessary to get the information across. However, I am hoping to end up with something similar to [url removed, login to view] (that's the major source of research for your articles, too.)
Preference will be given to people who've written music industry articles before and can produce samples - and, as always, financed out of my own pocket so lowest bidder!
Please bid the TOTAL amount for all articles below - however, if there's one article that catches your attention which you're an expert on, and you feel you'd excel at it - send me a PM.
ARTICLE ONE: PUBLISHING (this will be probably be the longest article)
- What is publishing?
- How do I make money from publishing?
- How is songwriting income split with a publisher?
- What does a music publisher do?
- Do I need a publishing deal? / pros and cons
- What types of music publishing deals are available?
- Do I need to start my own publishing company?
- Self-publishing overview
- How to set up your own publishing company - UK/US.
- Approaching publishing companies
ARTICLE TWO: PERFORMING LIVE
- Why playing live is important
- Getting your first gigs
- Developing a stage presence
- Get ready for a gig
- Make the best of a gig
- Put on a showcase gig
- Play gigs nationally
* Supporting signed artists
* Gig exchanges
* Working with foreign artists
* Getting an agent
- Publicise your gigs
- Set up a gig night
- Buy a PA
ARTICLE THREE: MANAGEMENT
- What a manager does
- Things you can expect from a manager
- The MMF/US equivalent
- When is right time to approach a manager
- Approaching a manager
- Choosing a manager
ARTICLE FOUR: RECORDING
- Choose tracks for a demo
- Home recording – the basics
- Home recording – the equipment
- Home recording - buying a mixer
- Choose music software
- Find a recording studio
- Get ready to go into the studio
- Make the most of a session
- Make the most of the mix
- Find a producer
- Clear samples
ARTICLE SIX: LEGAL SIDE
- Publishing agreement main terms
- Management agreement main terms
- Production agreement main terms
- Producer agreement main terms
- Recording agreement main terms
- Band names and the law
- Band agreements
- Remixer's agreements
ARTICLE SEVEN: GETTING PAID
- Income from record sales
- Income from songwriting
- Performance royalties
- Performing Rights (PPL/PRS)
- Mechanical Rights (MCPS)
- Other collection agencies
- Other sources of cash for bands
ARTICLE SEVEN: 'All the other stuff'
- Production Deals
- Sending out demos
- Use distributors for DIY releases
- Planning to approach record labels
- Start your own label
- Use distributors for a record label