Introduction: In this assignment I will be reviewing 5 different types of scenarios, each case comes with its own challenges. I will be identifying the barriers to communication and the most appropriate verbal and nonverbal skills for each case. I will also be writing a short report in regards to support services available and evaluating their roles within a healthcare setting.
1. A 16-year-old male has been brought to a hospital by ambulance. He has been hit by a car and his condition is severe. He needs scans but the hand over from the paramedic staff to hospital staff is delayed because his parents and other family members and some friends have turned up at the hospital and are shouting and angry and being abusive to the staff. You need to ensure that while the group of family and friends are allowed to see him that they are calm when they do so. What approach and communication skills will you apply to this situation?
2. Steve is a thirty-five-year-old man who is profoundly deaf. You have to work with an interpreter when communicating with him. You have to discuss his condition and treatment plan. How will you approach this appointment and adapt your style of communication?
3. A 45-year-old Somali speaking female with hypoglycaemia is admitted to A&E. She is accompanied by her husband. You have to take a blood sample and medical history. What factors will you consider in providing patient care?
4. Lack of auditory privacy: patients’ views. This patient feedback needs addressing what steps would you take to improve the patient experience?
a. ‘Other patients can hear everything with the curtains round. Curtains are visual but not a hearing barrier’. (N13)
b. ‘I remember thinking, ‘Don’t speak so loud’ because everybody in the ward could hear what he’d done and what he’d found… you can’t help it can you- if you’re laying in the next bed… I just thought you know ‘Don’t speak too loud’- I’m not exactly proud of what’s going on’. (Mrs D8)
5. Naomi is 45 and has had a series of tests and scans over the past few weeks and has now had a portable scan. This last scan reveals that there is no longer a viable baby in the womb. You have to break the news to her that she will have to be included to deliver an infant that will not be alive. How do you approach this?
Task 2 reports:
Write a report showing what support services are available and evaluate their role in supporting effective communication within the health care settings
In the report, you should:
Identify the range of support services targeted at providing resources for effective communication in different health care settings including hospitals and the community. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the services.
26 pekerja bebas membida secara purata £57 untuk pekerjaan ini
interpersonal skills in healthcare Relevant Skills and Experience Article Writing, Report Writing, Research, Research Writing, Technical Writing Proposed Milestones £100 GBP - b
hi communication in nursing, i can help with this, my photo and qualifications are real Relevant Skills and Experience my bid is for a 1500 word task and refs Proposed Milestones £60 GBP - task