The TS Project
TS is a booking, stock control, point of sale and salon management system aimed at tanning salons situated initially in the UK and latterly within Europe.
Multi-language and multi-tenanted by design it is a "Software as a Service" SaaS application.
The charges for using it are to be processed via PayPal’s subscription service.
TS is going to make use of the following processes.
1. High Speed is one of the critical performance factors and with this in mind we are willing to listen to arguments for and against the inclusion of compression and caching techniques as detailed at [url removed, login to view]
3. Bar codes for stock, client identification and point of sales processing are required.
4. MySQL database.
5. Paid banner advertising will be displayed on the site – management facilities for this will be required.
6. Design / look and feel – We expect this to be lead by the developer but we are looking for a clean fast solution and are not averse to offering our own opinions. Keep in mind that this is being developed as a commercially saleable solution and therefore look and feel play an important part in its saleability.
7. In the event that the internet connection is down for a time the software must have the capability of continuing to run – synchronising with core database on resumption of the internet connection.
8. There will be those Prospects who do not want an internet based solution and for those we need this solution to be deliverable as a desk top solution. Delivered on a disk containing a complete install routine. It is envisioned that it will run on MS lls which will have been set up by the install routine.
9. Staff and client photographs will need to be captured/stored/displayed.
10. All updates and maintenance are to be done one time at the centre for those not running desktop solutions.
Payment will be made on completion and sign off of the project. There will be no interim payments made. If you are unwilling to accept these payment terms then please do not bid.
The complete specification will be created by you as a result conversations between us (Yahoo messenger and or Skype). It will be agreed by us and will then become the development bible.
It is clear that you will be unable to create a firm bid until the spec exists so guide bids will be acceptable initially.
The selected supplier will be chosen based on a mixture of skill, knowledge, quality of work and perceived ability to deliver. Price whilst important will only play a part in our choice of developer partner.
Please provide details of previous work to help with the selection process.
NB – Quotations/Bids which are under researched and or are considered unprofessional will not succeed.