IMPORTANT!!! Before you bid on this project you must answer the following C# questions and do 1 simple task that will take you 5 minutes.
ALL OTHER BIDS WILL BE IGNORED.
1 What do you think might be the kind of .NET data type that with a unique key permits the
getting back of data?
2. In a program will finally block actually run even if an exception didn't happen?
State why you think it will or won't.
3. Name 3 ways to get an assembly deployed.
4. There are different types of data classes in ADO.NET. Name the positives and negatives of
the MSFT data provider classes.
5. For a connection string there is a parameter called Inital catalog. What does this refer
Create a simple web based program that I can run that will copy a calendar item from Google
calendar to Google spreadsheeet. Must be in C#.
Now onto the actual project.
The basis of this project is simple.
Convert a google calendar into a google spreadsheet in the form of a timesheet.
The contractual delivery is a working, tested, bug free Website. I will give you the provider with MS SQL which you will work from. 30 days bug fixing provided at your cost is mandatory.
I have created an example of a calendar and what it looks like in the spreadsheet.
This is an example of what you will output : [url removed, login to view]
This is the calendar that was the source of that timesheet
[url removed, login to view]
Provide a web page that asks for
1. Calendar URL (this is the name of the google calendar where you want to extract from)
(this is saved for your account)
2. Start / End Date to extract (defaults to End=Previous Sunday from today, Start = Monday
before Sunday i.e. 7 days)
3. Detail breakdown Y/N - default =N
If Y This will take each entry for each day and indent a line in smaller font for each
calendar entry for the day and output a total hours for the day (if more than one entry for
that day otherwise same as N.
If N this will sum up all the work for that day and output one line.
It will concatenate each calendar item description separated by a '/'.
Truncate each calendar item to 25 chars max.
4. Multi-client y/c/n.
If Y, then treat the first Word in the calendar item description is the client name.
If C, then then client name= Calendar name in google calendar.
If N, allow entry of a client name. Place that client name below employee as Client: xxx and
do not include the column 'client' If they don't enter a client name with N then do not show
that column either.
5. One client per sheet Y/N (only allow if mulit-client=Y)
Generate a separate timesheet for each client as well as a single sheet showing all clients
together (1st sheet). Name each sheet by the client name.
6. Multi-Project Y/N
If Y, then the second word of the calendar item is the project name
If N, then allow entry of a project name and place under client as Project: xxx and do not
7. Show Client Totals y/n sums client totals (only valid if mult-client=Y and one client per
8. Show project Totals y/n sums the project totals across clients (only valid for
9. Time sheet format
The web page should have an account set up feature that would retain basic information. You
should be able to log-in at the front page or create an account providing email address and
password. Accounts should be verified by emailing back the person an autentication msg which
they click on to fully create an account.
1. Company Name. This is either the consultants company or the company the consultant works
1.1 Company address/phone number. Can be left blank. If blank do not include the spaces
2. Employee Name Text' : This allows the entry of the word Employeee or Consultant etc.
2.1 Name: Name of the employee or consultant e.g. joe schmo.
4. Employee's address/phone/email/IM. If blank do not include spaces on sheet
4. Timesheet URL. This is the google calendar that the consultant made public or available
to this program
5. Google Spreadsheet URL. URL to post spreadsheets to.
6. Name to call spreadsheet. Default is JoeSchmo_09/21/2006 (employee name with date)
The worksheet is the name of the client if one exists.
7. Send to Supervisor Y/N. Default =N. If Y then the supervisor spreadsheet pulls in this
spreadsheet data to form a summary spreadsheet one per client for all employees so an
invoice can be generated.
8. Column names. Allow the names of each columns to be called something else
8.5 Show all days. Y/N. a line for each day of the week even if there were no hours worked
that day. Default = Y
8.7 Show Sat/Sun Y/N Default = Y.
9. Password reminder. This is sent to person who has lost their password when they click on
lost password under login
The data from the calendar file should be stored in MS Sql server.
It should go from calendar to SQL to Spreadsheet.
Help text should be created for the web page with detailed instructions for the user and
help for each field as needed.
A separate web page is for an admin to view accounts/reset passwords etc.
A separate web page is for Supervisors. From here they can view a summary Timesheet
One Sheet per client. It shows the billable hours for all consultants who post to this
spreadsheet. It also creates a summary sheet showing number of hours worked by each
consultant broken out by client.
CODE MUST BE DOCUMENTED!!! You must heavily document the inner workings of the code.
It must be documented in such a way that a novice could understand the code.
Code walkthroughs are mandatory.
The following are additional initial requirements PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS CAREFULLY:
1. You must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently.
1.1 You MUST use SKYPE (free) and send your skype name to me within 4 hours of accepting the contract.
1.2 You MUST be online AND AVAILABLE with Skype at least 4 hours per day on USA Pacific time between 8am to 11PM. This means if I click to chat, you will respond.
1.3 You MUST respond to any email or phone call within 6 hours.
1.4 You must provide all your details. Name, address, home phone, work phone, cell phone, IM addresses.
2. You must be easily accessible by email and also by telephone during normal business hours during development redesign, testing and deployment,We use SKYPE. you must use this for text chat and voice.. Once successful bidder is agreed we can set timeframes for calling, if necessary having regard to different time zones and we will be fair in that regard. We are located in Los Angeles, California, USA Pacific Standard Time.
3. NO INCREASE IN BID WILL BE [url removed, login to view] bidders often bid low and then once they have accepted the project tell us that the project will cost more than the bid amount. WE RARELY AWARD PROJECTS TO THE LOWEST BIDDER, WE AWARD TO THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB WITH PROVEN EXPERIENCE.
6. You must be able to complete your task within 1 week of given a deadline. Failure to do so will result in 10% penalty of payment for every week you are late. Of course, if the project spec changes then we will agree on a new timetable.
7. MUST be willing to make all necessary revisions. We will also require your availability for updates following completion and ability to review progress and course of writing any given grant. Please DO NOT RESPOND if you have not completed several similar projects and also provide examples for review. This is mandatory.
8. You must be willing to use Escrow via the [url removed, login to view] site and there will be NO advance payments. We are a reputable company and we will pay and be fair but we require utmost integrity both sides. We require references.
9. We will require credentials and references prior to award.
10. We reserve the right to cancel the project if we do not hear from you within a reasonable timeframe. (3 to 4 business days without responding to e-mail is unacceptable).
11. We reserve the right to not release any of the escrowed fees if you do not deliver the scope of work within the timeline and our expected quality agreed upon.
12. If you are interested and will be providing a bid You must PM us after reading this and write one message that says "IPAYATTENTION", this code will ensure that you have read all the project details.
13. By the way, we know in great detail, Internet and computer law and related matters and are very familiar with what is entailed, how things work and what things are worth. So let’s not get off on the wrong foot with someone trying to blow smoke at us.
14. FYI we have numerous clients and special projects arising from time to time that can be made available in the future to somebody who impresses us with their talents, timeliness, business manners and enthusiasm. Extensive additional work will also be required for this project once it clears initial stages.
15. Assuming we are happy with the result, we would consider providing credit on the site to your and your organization. This will be viewed and considered by very heavyweight people in the business.
I DO NOT RESPOND TO GENERIC REPLIES such as 'will be done',or blah blah about your company. I am only interested in proof of relevant experience and professional ability to complete the job on time.