On one hand there are databases (csv excel compatible file) with words in english extracted from a book and sorted by frequency; ? on the other hand a home-made websit[e]to learn english vocabulary: a word in french is displayed, the user has to type the english equivalent. The project consists in writing a page on the website so a user is able to? - upload a csv file to the educational site (ASP, VB). Then words already listed in the website database are removed from the csv file. For the words remaining in the csv file, a translation is added in the next column. This translation is extracted from the website? [wordreference]. If there is not translation available, the line is removed from the csv file. In the end, the amended csv file can be downloaded by the user.
- Example of a ? csv file attached (document 1).?
It is just an occurrence for the coders to get a general idea of the content. This work is not about treating this specific file, the idea is to filter any uploaded csv file with at the most 12000 lines, and only 2000 of them once phrases with several words are removed.
- The first (most common) translation is the one chosen. It appears on wordreference after the 1. meaning "first acception".
- When detailed informations are given with the translation, they are put in another column. Example for "gear": 1.? (equipment)? matériel? m;. column english: gear; column french: matériel; column details: equipment.
- The building processwill be made on a mirror test site owned by the coder and notdirectly on capeps.com. Once the code comprehensively reviewed, theworker will send the modified files to me and I will upload them. Thecoder will be provided with an ftp access before he starts the project so he candownload the website, then the password will be changed.
- The program can workeither on the Internet directly, either on the user's machine, withfor example a dll. The worker will take this decision. In the case ofa local program, the setup proceeding will be very easy and welldocumented on the site.
- First of all, theprogram will remove from the csv file all the phrases made up withseveral words. So the research on the translation site will be ledjust on isolated words.
- The source fortranslations is [url removed, login to view] and can't be another website.
- Too may requests onwordreference could end up in a blocking of the IP by the [url removed, login to view] program will tackle this, possibly by scheduling periodicsearches.
- There will be no manualcheck-up of the entries. Whatever the nature of the word (noun,verb...), the program must be able to find the proper translation.
- There is no need toupdate the database on capeps.com. Only the delivery of a csv filewith words and translations is required. Though the removal ofalready listed words supposes a connection to the database.
- After work completion,I will wait for two weeks before releasing payment, and two monthsbefore writing my assessment.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Sep 19, 2010 4:37:27 AM:
The current best price is $500. Please propose at the most $475 if you want to take over.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Sep 23, 2010 4:07:50 AM:
The current best price is $400. Please propose at the most $375 if you want to take over.