European Union based bidders will be given preference, primarily because of time zone.
I have been let down by two service providers when I previously posted this project. Please follow the information and instructions below in full.
I am running MS Access 2002 ([url removed, login to view]).
I have SQL Express and .NET installed on my computer which is running XP Home. I have a second computer available to me running XP Pro.
I have a simple MS Access database (500Kb) that I need to convert to MS SQL to run on a Webfusion server. See [url removed, login to view] for details of their specification. I can supply the database in MS Excel if it is easier for you.
May I emphasise that the conversion is to MS SQL, NOT MySQL.
I also need to be able to open, view and add data and tables to / delete data and tables from / amend data and tables within the new database on my own computer after conversion, and also to do the same when it has been posted on the web server.
At the moment the data contained therein is simple text but includes material in 27 different European languages including Greek, Bulgarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Slovene, Hungarian, Romanian, Finnish, Swedish, Irish, Spanish, Maltese, French, German and Dutch, all of which use non-English characters, which must be preserved accurately.
I have tried using the Database Utility in MS Access without success.
Please quote for
1. the conversion;
2. check one piece of source code for syntax; and
3. supply the information I need to enable me to work on the files once converted.
1. You must be able to work in my time zone (GMT + 1hr).
2. You must understand that this is now very urgent - you must deliver within 24 hours of being offered the job.
3. Your bid must include your first name, your time zone, your first language, your knowledge of UK English, AND NOTHING ELSE. I do not want "War and Peace" covering your qualifications and experience. If I want that information I will look at your profile. If that information is not there, then it should be.
4. You must PM me with any questions you have, confirmation you have Skype chat, confirmation you understand the requirement and a request for the datafile containing the Access database and the source code that needs to be checked.
If I select you to do the job, I will expect you to accept my offer within one hour or I will close the project and repost.
This total job should take no more than one hour, so I know exactly how much it should cost. There is further work for the successful candidate producing a good job.
Finally include the word "LUBA" in your PM.
It is a public holiday in the UK on Monday. I would like the job finished before then.
Barry - The Big Dish Man