I have a new project for one of my clients; this one we can't do in-house and need outside assistance.
Client did not specify a budget so please provide all bids regarless of cost.
My clients website is on a Windows box and programmed in .ASP so I don't know if this project needs to be in .ASP as well or not, please see his comments below.
The following is from my client who has a company which sells chocolates, etc. at a physical location and via their existing website (they already have a shopping cart installed so this would be separate: We want to allow our larger customers to enter their orders via a web interface. Order data consist of the products (in our case one of maybe 12 different types of baskets of chocolate), the sender’s info (name, contact person, address, phone, email, etc) and info on each recipient (name, address, phone number, delivery method, delivery date, and a personal message). Typically each customer/sender might order baskets for anywhere from 10 to 100 recipients. All payment would be offline, but it would be nice if the system could generate a bill, using our table of delivery prices. We’d like the ability to have some “same as prior” boxes to check so customers don’t have to retype all the messages if they are the same.
This data would populate a database and be used to generate several reports for us:
1) Greeting Cards: containing the recipient’s name and the personal message. These would have to print individually on card stock
2) Customer master order report – the customer name and all their orders, along with the invoice, which we could use for billing record
3) Basket ID slips – Each basket would need a triplicate ID slip that has all the sender and recipient info. This slip follows the basket from production through delivery.
4) Master delivery report: We’d want to be able to print out a delivery report for our drivers that shows all of the basket ID information and delivery address for them. We’d want to be able to sort by zip code.
5) Production report: We would include in the database tables showing the content of each basket. So we’d want to be able to generate a report showing the total amount of candy that would be used in the baskets ordered for a given day.
We do not want this system to be integrated with the website, other than that there could be a password protected tab on the website for customers. Given the trouble we’ve had with hackers, we can’t afford to have this system crash. I’d need to be able to mirror this data onto one of our local computers so if the webserver had a problem (or our internet connection failed) we could still access our data. This is a general overview.