Technical Requirements and Specifications:
- Must be able to run on a Windows 2003 server; the server is owned and operated by our web hosting company. It is a regular web hosting company, the usual limitations of a web hosting company apply (i.e. I am not able to add Windows Services etc.). I am able to upload and execute .DLL files though.
- JMail is active on the server.
- Developed for Windows/.NET architecture - don't mind which Microsoft tools/language you wish to use, but it has to be written for a Microsoft environment.
- The application will be required to communicate with a MySQL database. This database has information on our members, expect around 40,000 members.
- The application will be required to retrieve/monitor data in an XML source, which will be hosted on an external web server. There are around 5,000 records in the XML source, with around 20 fields.
We work with the company who monitors the price of petrol being sold at petrol stations throughout Australia. They monitor prices on a daily basis, monitoring all the petrol stations nationally. This information is stored in an XML data source, stored on their servers, and is updated constantly throughout the day (5,000 potential updates per day).
We also have a MySQL database which is stored on our server, which has information on our members.
We require a developer who can build an application (with the specifications listed at the top), which monitors/checks the XML data source constantly.
If the XML file changes (for example, if the price of petrol at one of the petrol stations goes up or down), the required application would detect/find the changes straight away (or as close as possible).
If a change is detected, the application would then check the MySQL database – based on a simple criteria (which I will explain at a later stage), an e-mail will be sent to that particular member.
- The project has to be efficient; changes to the XML file must be detected as quickly as possible, and e-mails must be sent ASAP as well.
- Needless to say, the application has to be stable and reliable. 100% uptime.
- Has to be a professional grade application.