This is a general overview – more details will be provided in EPM
The software should process shopping cart orders. The products are fruit arrangements. Customers order an arrangement online but for our production units these arrangements need to be:
- Broken down in their components (Recipe management)
- Components need to be checked against stock in a certain location – location is determined by delivery address
- Production unit needs picking list with recipe
- Supplier orders need to be generated for components that are out of stock and or under minimum level, some have thresholds like “order this component only when we need more than 10”.
- Supplier orders need to be aggregated per day and per location and faxed to suppliers
- Based on Supplier invoices for components we need to follow up cost of each arrangement (based on recipe, production cost and profit margins)
- We need invoice verification for every supplier
- Couriers need to be alerted for pickup
- INPUT: Confirmation arrangement has been made
- INPUT: Confirmation it has been shipped
- INPUT: Supplier goods reception against order – Supplier invoice verification
- Order information will be transferred from shopping cart to order processing system by XML
- System has to be managed through web interface (this is a web application) with 1 admin and 1 production user interface
- System has to have fax or report generating capabilities
- Has to be secured with Certificate and 2 user levels
- Language is English
We have no real preference. Shopping cart is Productcart by [url removed, login to view] and is ASP based with MSSQL database
Would prefer a fixed price arrangement and we understand you may need more detailed information before engagement which means we will schedule call or IM session to selected freelancers. It is important that we can contact you and that you have procedures in place for project follow up.
As this is an evolving project and a mission critical system we are interested in understanding how you will provide ongoing maintenance.
You will need to demonstrate previous on-time and on-spec projects in the area of ERP/order processing/web applications. If you have business insight that would certainly be a plus. We will do reference checks so be prepared for that.