Coder with patience required to teach me 5 things.
I use a CMS written in ASP with MS Access database and need to learn to handle some of the more regular coding jobs that are needed. I am a total beginner when it comes to coding but have had more than 5 years exposure to this code and have enough understanding to read through the code and make basic changes to what is displayed in the browser. I also have reasonable skills with Dreamweaver and can create and upload htm webpages (so you wont be teaching a total idiot - I would like to think I have an aptitude for coding).
What I need you to teach me :
1. The method for writing to MS Access database from ASP web pages. I can pick out the code that does this in the page but I want you to show me how to add something new to a page that will write to the database, then how to add fields in the Access database to hold this new data. I have 2 examples of things that need to be added to my CMS that I would like you to show me.
2. The same as above - but this time how to read from the database and display this information in my page. Again, I have 2 different examples of this I would like you to help me with.
3. I have an online catalog written in ASP with MS Access database to hold the product info - I need you to show me the method for how to merge this product info from an Excel Spreadsheet. The database has a number of different tables that hold data for each record so 1 record from the spreadsheet will need to go into maybe 4 different tables in the database.
4. I need you to explain the code throughout 1 very important page in my CMS and as we go through it show me how to vary different aspects of the page. The purpose of this particular page is to create an html version of a database driven webpage.
5. Please teach me the method for the mail scripts and forms that run on my server. I have plenty examples of working forms - and a few forms that are currently not working and I have a feeling that a couple of these issues are related to the mail authentication required by the server.
Interested and able to help me over this weekend ? I would prefer someone to help me cram and maybe just stop for sleep only and get back into it UNTIL I get it. I will be a good student for you :)
Looking forward to your bids.
Greetings! I was worked in GE as Project Lead I am interested on your work I fallow six sigma rules while coding for performance and other issues. Please see PMB