WE GET SHIT DONE, BRILLIANTLY.
Founded by two great friends, Andy and James, Inventive exists to improve lives with bad-ass tech. That's our mission and why we show up every day. Our goal is to make technology and innovation accessible for all.
We’re a community of entrepreneurs, women, and veterans connected through our passion for getting shit done, tireless attention to detail, and commitment to creating our best work - every time.
Every day, we solve complex problems in creative ways. Whether it’s helping launch powerful user experiences, modernize systems and brands, or bring visions to life with your own expertise, one thing is for sure: you’ll never be bored! The best part?
WE SERIOUSLY THINK DEVOPS IS ONE OF A KIND.
DevOps is a special role for us because it’s like no other engineering role. In fact, the opportunity itself was born when curious and ambitious minds, like you, began filling a much-needed space while deploying our cloud technology solutions. The best DevOps professionals we know enjoy wearing multiple hats. They’re leaders, architects, and engineers.
Getting shit done, brilliantly isn’t just a cheeky tagline. We say what we mean, so get prepared to jump on board and trust your gut when it comes to GSD - let’s rock it out!
One of the most valuable services we offer is helping our clients migrate to the cloud. At this time, we have an ongoing cloud migration project with one of our largest clients. As you know, migrations come with their own unique set of challenges. To make sure you and our clients are successful, we’re looking for someone who demonstrates total confidence in Azure.
Like any DevOps pro, we suspect that you’re a real jack-of-all-trades. So, you might find yourself refactoring some code to take advantage of serverless architecture, then communicating the differences between MS SQL Server vs Azure SQL, and later, making sure the routing and firewall rules are rock solid. We could go on, but the point here is that you’ll always be intellectually stimulated by interesting problems in this role.
What’s awesome is that we’re treating our DevOps Engineer as a true expert. You’ll be leading communication with clients to understand their requirements, then asking lots of questions and doing even more listening in order to suggest the best solutions. You’ll be sharing a Giphy or two on any given day with us, and anyone that meets the requirements for this role will get a lot of satisfaction from our GSD culture.
While you are a total part of a team, you will most likely be the owner of your projects. Because we want you to be successful, solid experience and unbreakable confidence with the qualifications below are invaluable to us.
Experience that’s required (and really important to have):
- Proven success leading digital transformation in a client-facing role
- Proven success owning DevOps projects end-to-end
- Expert level understanding and hands-on experience with Azure Migrations, Azure Active - Directory, Azure DevOps, and Azure Data Factory
- DevOps experience in CI/CD environments
- DevOps experience in C# and/or PHP programming environments
- Building firewalls with NSG
- Writing and optimizing queries with SQL; SQL administration
- VM administration
- Scripting - it's old school, but we still work with Bash scripts from time to time
You’ll totally fit into our team if you are:
- Searching to fit into an amazing, “do good” culture
- Passionate about software development (it’s okay to be obsessed)
- Naturally pleasant, self-motivated, and driven
- Committed to continuous improvement in and out of work
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in everything you do
- Dependable, available, and on time!