We need a designer to rework the look of a proof-of-concept banner and create a final piece. The purpose of the final piece is to encourage and excite the viewer to use our company’s services to learn more about the visual effects software, Houdini. The concept piece gets across the general idea of what we need, but we are open to adjustments in style and text copy, as long as they stay within the criteria listed below.
1. The final piece must fit exactly into the same proportions of the concept piece as shown in the links below (1004x134). The rounded corners shown must remain intact exactly as they are, so that the design can be incorporated with our existing pieces.
2. The hexagonally-shaped division line down the banner must remain exactly as it is. However, there is some freedom in how each side of this line will interact. The designer need not retain the style on the right side of the banner at this line, so long as the division remains exact at this point. The hexagonal division allows us to swap out the left side of the design as part of a rotating Flash banner, as seen in the second example. As long as the existing left-side pieces of the Flash banner can fit precisely in with the shape of the hexagonal division on the right-side, then the designer is free to explore different styles for each side of the banner itself. In short, while we want something new, we still want to be able to use the existing left-side graphics, just as we are in the Flash banner.
3. We are interested in seeing a design for the banner as a whole and not just one side. It is vital that the hexagonal division remain to maintain compatibility with our existing content, but we want a complete design that incorporates both sides of the banner.
4. We are interested in exploring different use of text copy, perhaps something more engaging or with more punch. However, if the designer feels that they can use the existing text copy as part of their work or would rather just stick with what is already there, then that is acceptable.
5. We are reasonably flexible in terms of color use, but do ask that the colors coincide and work well with what we already have on our site, which generally extends to the oranges, grays and – to a lesser extent – the blues seen in the concept. More details and links to the page upon which the banner will be displayed will be made available upon request.
The rotating flash banner shown below the concept piece is an in-use banner on our site, and the basis for the concept. It is presented here only to give the designer an idea of where we’re going and what we have used in the past. It is not presented as an idea of the final look we are seeking. Naturally, we encourage and appreciate communication and will be happy to answer any questions the designer may have.
We can only accept delivery in the form of PSD files. We do ask that you leave your layers intact.
We will need to see a portfolio page and/or examples of previous work, preferably web design oriented. If this job goes well, there is much potential for future work.
[url removed, login to view]