An author seeks editorial help with a novel. The author has written the first 70% and the final 20%, but there's about 10% in between where the climax needs to take place and how the plot will work. Another pair of eyes is required to read the book as it exists, and then help the author brainstorm how to work out the kinks in her plot.
Requirements for this project
• Read the novel once
• Write 1 to 2 (minimum) pages of first impressions on plot, character, pacing (the author will provide a more specific brief)
• Have a 1-hour phone conversation with the author going over thoughts/feedback/first impressions
• Read the novel a second time
• Write 2 to 3 pages (minimum) of suggestions specifically related to solving the plot problem (again, the author will provide a brief)
• Have a 1 to 2-hour phone conversation with the author to go over alternate ideas and possible solutions to the plot issue
This project should take approximately 20-25 hours to complete. Payments will be made on completion of the following tasks:
Reading the book and submitting notes $100
1st telephone conversation $100
Reading the book a second time and submitting notes $150
2nd telephone conversation $150
To apply, please submit a novel or novel-length story of your own. If you don't have one, you can submit two shorter pieces, but they should still be substantial, plot-based stories, something that's over 20,000 words or 40 pages.
Please note that because of the time required to review applications, it may take 3 to 4 weeks before you receive a response.