Assignment One: Residential Floor Plan
Project Format: One 11” x 17” PDF Titleblock Sheet
One Floor Plan sheet, showing your house or apartment with furniture, drawn at 1/8” = 1’-0” scale, drafted in Revit. Basic dimensions showing the locations of walls, windows, and doors and a North Arrow symbol need to be applied to the drawing (the north arrow is a component loaded from the Symbols folder and placed directly onto your titleblock sheet). Furnishings, appliances, kitchen fixtures, floor surface materials, etc. should be placed in the floor plan, reflecting a complete design.
The following information is to be included in the project:
• Floors: Floor Surface materials to be called out as a note
(for example, “Hardwood Floors, TYP.”)
• Dimensions placed to the outside of your drawing, calling out the location of the centers of walls, windows, and doors
• Columns or Decorative Framing: to be called out as a note (this callout is only if you have some unusual architectural feature in your residence - some people have a column or columns or decorative posts in their home which, if not called-out with a note, would be difficult for the contractor to understand when they're looking at the floor plan.)
Use the ‘B 11 x 17 Horizontal’ title block for this sheet and add your name and the name of the assignment in the titleblock. Export this sheet as a JPEG, using the following steps, and then Submit your sheet JPEG to eCampus.
To make a JPEG of your selected sheet:
1. Go to ‘File’ at the upper left corner of your screen and click it. On the drop-down menu, select Export. From Export, select Images and Animations (you may have to scroll down to find it), and from that, select Image. This will bring up the Export Image window. Use the following settings in the Export Image window:
2. Under Output Name, select the location where you want to save your file, and hit Save.
3. Under Export Range, select Current Window (make sure you're currently on the desired sheet file view that you want to export - you can use the Project Browser to get there).
4. Under Image Size, select Zoom to and set it for 100% of actual size.
5. Under Format, leave both Shaded and Non shaded views as JPEG (Medium). But set Raster Image Quality to '300.' Then Hit OK. Your computer will then create a JPEG image of your floor plan sheet (or whatever view you're exporting), which you can then submit to eCampus.