Issue Date: 31st January 2012 Due Date: 17th May 2012
Assignment 1 Business Plan &acirc;€“ Weighting = 100%
This assignment is an individual piece of work. It is essential that you contact your tutor for assistance.
You are required to produce a well researched professional standard business plan, (4,000 word limit excluding appendices) based on a concept or idea developed by the student and agreed with the tutor, which relates to all the module&acirc;€™s knowledge and skill outcomes. An electronic copy should be submitted with the assignment (on a CD) and through SunSpace (including Turn It In). before the 4 pm deadline.
A suggested Business Plan structure is shown in Section 2: The Key elements include:
&acirc;€¢ Executive Summary, Strategic Elements, Environment and Market Analysis: Product Plan, Marketing Plan: Human Plan, Financial plan, Legal Framework, and the Contingency plan. This should be supported with the appropriate documents.
1. Work through course handouts, materials, reading list and the &acirc;€œIntroduction to Enterprise&acirc;€ work book and refer to assessment marking scheme.
2. Select your business idea for your business plan and discuss with tutor
3. Carry out any appropriate Feasibility study - market intelligence, primary and secondary research regarding your business venture. Will the business idea be viable? Can you complete the business plan within the time limit? Do you have the skills/attributes?
4. Once you have selected your business idea backed with appropriate research from your feasibility study &acirc;€“ develop you business plan.
5. Financial projections should be three years.
6. You should have strategic options and possible exit strategy for your business at the end of the three years.
Section 2: Suggested Outline Business Plan
Glossary of Terms
List of Tables and Illustrations
1. Business Description
2. The Mission and Vision Statement
2.1 Business Idea
2.2 Trading Status
2.3 Management & Ownership
3. Product and/or Service Plan
3.1 Product or service description
3.2 Unique Features
3.3 Pricing Strategy& Value Issues
4. The Market Plan
4.1 Market Research Methodology
4.2 Secondary Research
4.3 Primary Research
4.4 Situational Analysis and Market Size
4.5 The Demand
4.6 Target Customers
4.7 The Competition
4.8 Unique Selling Point
4.9 Further Research Requirement
[url removed, login to view] Marketing Strategy
[url removed, login to view] Selling Methods
5. Human Resource Plan (Technical Ability, Personnel Capability
5.1 Principal&acirc;€™s Qualification and Experience
5.2 Personnel Qualifications and Experience
6. Financial Plan
5.1 Cash Flow Forecast
5.2 Profit & Loss Accounts Forecast
5.3 Balance Sheet
6. Legal Requirements
6.1 Legal Structure
6.2 Business Name
6.3 Business Property
6.4 Commercial Dealings
6.5 Tax, NI and VAT
6.6 Insurance Other
7 Contingency Plan and Exit Strategy
Appendix 1 Market Information
Appendix 2 Technical/Personnel Information
Appendix 3 Financial Information
Appendix 4 Legal Information