We need a C# application ([url removed, login to view] 2008) created that will run periodically and crawl the internet to obtain upcoming movie releases in the United States from at least 2 sites for redundancy. Some example of sites are [url removed, login to view] ([url removed, login to view]), [url removed, login to view], etc. You will need to submit 2 sites that you will crawl and they must be approved prior to coding.
This application should have meet the following requirements...
1) Must be written in C# and [url removed, login to view] 2008.
2) Must be written as a Winforms app that can also be run via command line only.
3) Must capture the movie title, movie rating, release window (wide or limited), synopsis, actors, movie poster image.
4) Must store this information in a SQL Server 2005 database and must not duplicate movies.
5) Application must provide a commercial quality windows interface utilizing status bars/progress bars, etc
6) Application needs to provide logging and tracing functionality in order to assist in troubleshooting.
7) Application must notify us when the HTML on crawled site has changed and so that changes can be made to correct the new format.
8) Must follow Ignyte's coding standards which will be provided.
9) Must utilize Ignyte's Data Layer Generator
10) Must follow our design methodology which requires screen prototypes to built and approved before moving to the business layer modeling and then data layer modeling, which also must be approved before moving on to the coding.