The program affectively is a backup program that backs up to a secure ftp server on the internet.
* The user will need to be able to select files and folders (calculate the total size on the fly).
* The file/folder selection saved to a backup set file (just like Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Backup).
* The backup file needs to either compress all the files/folders into 1 single file on the sftp server or compress every file before it is sent to the sftp server. A catalogue of the files/folders backed up is needed and can be stored either locally or remotely or both.
* The program will need to be able to be run in an unattended / auto mode.
Eg: The program is executed with commandline parameters (ie: -auto -script [url removed, login to view]) which will tell the program to backup the files in the [url removed, login to view] file automatically to the perdetermined SFTP server.
Also the program needs to be able to restore.
Eg: the user selects the date of the backup and opens the backup catalogue. The user will then select files/folders they want to restore & restore options, (eg: overwrite originals, restore to different location) and starte the restore progress.
User feedback is required so the user knows the time it will take to either backup or restore the data.
* No work is required to be done to the look of the application, I want the working source at this time.
Program can be written in any language so long as it works on Windows 2000, XP & 2003 platforms.
The SFTP's hostname/IP address will be hardcoded in the program. The program must handle the SSL connection and accept without pop-ups' the server certificate.