Create an interface for Outlook Mobile running on a PDA so that data can be added to an appointment item in the calendar.
Requires working Demonstration first week in January. Finished product to be available end of February.
1. Create a screen/form which allows collection of data based on the details of a sales appointment that has just been made. 16 fields - some basic drop down options, yes/no answers, some taken from a Contact fields (ie contact name, company name), one comment field.
Data to be stored in appointment body using basic text formatting; 1 line per field or semi colon can be used to store 2 or more fields on a line.; Fields can be stored in any order.
[Call Type] = “R - Office/Home”
[Business Type] = “B - General Builder”
[Enquiry Received] = “N”; [Order Taken] = “No”
2. Create an interface to allow the above form data above to be linked to an existing appointment:
- Select appointment from list of today’s appointments (or option to look at yesterday’s / tomorrow’s)
- If data is already stored in appointment body - populate form with existing data
3. Create an interface or menu option to allow the above form data to be used to create a new appointment:
4. If possible add an item to the standard appointment menu so that this form can be accessed - ie Open the appointment and select ‘Add Data’ from the menu causes the form 1. above to be opened and associated with the relevant appointment.
1. Code to be written in C# or [url removed, login to view] using Visual Studio 2005
2. Code to run on Windows Mobile 5.0
3. Appointment information should synchronise to Outlook using standard ActiveSync.
4. Compatibility with Outlook 2007 and its Sync tools also required.