I need a VERY simple firefox extension programmed. If you have ever designed a firefox extension, then this will take you under 10 minutes to program. I basically need an extension that opens the current tab(already viewing) with a godaddy whois page of that domain that I was looking at. Example:
1. I am viewing [url removed, login to view]
2. Button buit into firefox exension at bottom right corner of firefox bottom toolbar that says "whois"
3. Upon clicking that button, the page will change location to: [url removed, login to view];prog_id=godaddy
That's it. NOTE:
- It must open in the current tab I am viewing already. I will have multiple tabs already opened and need it in the current tab.
- It must work with firefox 3.0.5 version
- It must lookup only the domain name without page extention. for example, if i am viewing [url removed, login to view] then it must still only lookup "aol.com" so it must parse the current URL of the page when the "whois" button is clicked