Bulk Rater will be Windows based software that is combatable to Windows XP and Windows Vista. The software will be able to import an Excel and/or CSV file format, take the data in the multiple columns and entry it in specific fields in FSC Rater (FSC Rater is a windows based insurance rating software for multiple carriers). Once FSC Rater determines the price, the software will read the data export it into another Excel or CSV file that has multiple columns. The software will then save the quote, and move on the next row from the original file. It will do this until there are no mores rows of data left.
Step by step instruction on how the program should be executed.
1. Program gets executed
2. The Program will have a main menu with options like, “Help”, “About”, “Open File”, “Start”, “Options”.
3. The user needs to go to the “Options” first to enable both Open file and Start buttons. When the “Options” button is press it will ask whats the cost per sq feet, where is the location of FSC Rater on your computer, feet from Fire Hydrant and Miles from Fire Station.
4. When “Open File” button is selected it will open a browse window to locate and open the Excel/CSV File. The Excel/CSV File need to be in a specific format. See Input Files.
5. After the File is open, the program will be back into its main screen where the start button now is enabled.
6. Once the Start button is pressed Bulk rater will launch FSC Rater and click on the Homeowners button in FSC Rater (If the FSC Rater cannot be found an error message will alert the user stating cannot be found and go to the options in the main menu and change the location of FSC Rater). Then Bulk Rater will read the second row/First column of the Excel/CSV file. The First column would have the clients first name, and enter it into the appropriate box (See Screen Shot 1). Bulk rater will then go the second row and second column and grab the last name of the client and enter it in to the appropriate box. The same concept for Phone number (Phone number might not exist in the file so if it does just skip it for this row) street address, city, ca, and zip code. Once Zip Code is entered in Bulk rater need to enter the “Verify Button.”
7. Bulk Rater would be finished with the first screen it would go to the next section by press the Right Arrow in FSC Rater (Screen Shot 2). To the right of the Box that says Dwelling Value there is a small button, once its press where is pop up box that come up and Bulk rater need to input the SQ Ft of the home from the Excel/CSV File and then Delete the entry in Cost per Sq Ft. if it exist and type in the actual cost per sq foot the client selected in the “options” in Step 3.
8. Bulk Rater will check what options the user put into the program and enter in the Feet from Fire Hydrant and miles from fire station field. Bulk rater will check that the deductible is at $1000 then will click onto the right arrow. Screen shot 3 will show what the screen looks like now Bulk rater will choose the cheapest company listed that does not have an “R” under the “R” column and does not have a “U” under the “U” column. Bulk Rater will put a check mark next to the company and click on the right arrow.
9. Screen shot 4 is the detailed page of the company we selected. Bulk rater will grab information from here and put it back into the Excel/CSV File. The information we need is The Insurance Company we selected. Coverage a amount, coverage b, C, D, E, F and the destructible and the final premium. See Excel/CSV Output file.
10. Last step it will save this quote and then repeat with the second row of data and so on until the Excel/CSV File has no more data.