Sound generator in VC++
I need a simple program that will play binaural beats. See the wikipedia if you need further info.
The program will play:
• one sin wave on the left speaker, (at a specified Hz, the user will be able to alter this values using a slider control)
• one sin wave on the right speaker, (at a specified Hz, the user will be able to change this values too)
• one stereo channel to play a wave file (if you can open and play a wma, that’s better)
Notes: The stereo channel will stream the music/sounds using DirectX (don’t use deprecated functions please). The audio/music file needs to be hardcoded inside the software, the user shoudn’t be able to change it.
The audio will be keep playing even when the window lost focus and another DirectSound program is running (IDC_FOCUS_GLOBAL )
The User Interface should be very simple,
• a window with play/stop buttons…
• a label showing the playback status, current frequencies…
Keep it simple please. It needs to compile with Visual Studio 2005 Pro. Use Windows XP controls look and feel. I need this in English, but use resource files in order to make it easier to create multilingual versions.
Thanks for your time, and good luck!
PS: Feel free to ask me whatever you want to know. Should work on Windows XP SP2 (If you can make it work on Windows Vista current RC, even better)