You will create a Layered Service Provider DLL or TDI Driver.
- The project should be written in C++ that can be compiled in Visual Studio.
- The DLL/TDI will transparantly intercept HTTP traffic and redirect to (local/remote) proxy (squid).
- the interception LSP/TDI will add authentication for the proxy server which should be set via the registry.
- A The LSP/TDI should have the possibility to disable all in/out traffic except http/dns. (set by registry )
- A The LSP/TDI should have the possibility to disable all in/out traffic including http/dns. ( set by registry )
The result of using such an LSP/TDI would be that, for example, any application requesting a webpage would transparantly use a ( by registry specified ) proxy server, which requires authentication.
In addition to the LSP/TDI itself you will also be required to provide a C/C++ function to install the LSP/TDI correctly on all Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and Vista, as well as a function to uninstall it.
Full source code must be provided.