I would like to develop a XPCOM component ([url removed, login to view]) that will be used in firefox extension that is similar to this - [url removed, login to view] The code should be in native Windows code and work on Windows platform XP and Vista. The output of the project should also contain a sample code how to use the XPCOM component within firefox extension.
The component should do following:
- be able to record record active window or full screen
- be able to record sound
- the video&audio does not have to be encoded - standard AVI format (like capturefox extension)
- the component will be accessible from extension with following interfaces:
- getMicrophoneDevices() - retrieves list of audio devices able to capture sound (name + id)
- startAudioCapture(micID) - starts capturing audio on mic
- stopAudioCapture() - stops recording audio
- playAudioCapture() - plays recorded audio
- setAudioMicrophoneLevel(level) - adjust volume on audio capture
- startVideoCapture(videoQuality,captureArea,fps,recordSound,micID,outputFile) - starts recording video with captureArea(active window or fullscreen),with specified qualit and fps, optionally audio if recordSound=1 and micID specified, recording output at outputfile destination
- pauseVideoCapture() - pause capturing video - if recording then pause - if pause then recording
- stopVideoCapture() - stops capturing video and saves video to output file
The component should not crash at any time (e.g. access issues etc) and on error - return error message in function return value.
The project will be marked as completed when no bugs are present.