We require an iphone directory application development.
DO NOT need to BID, if the developer is unable to start the project soon!
The application developer has to have a extensive knowledge on developing mobile based applications. The end application should be working flawless without any memory leak and other similar problems. We might require to see some examples of the developer's works.
The source code should be documented well and communication over Skype with the developer 1-hour/day will be required in order to review latest development status. Please include your bid amount and estimated delivery time too.
There will not be too much graphic design involved in the application. If necessary, we can provide graphics to the developer.
The application requires to have following features:
- Comply with version 2.2.1
- The application should be started with a splash screen.
- The application should include an embedded database resource that includes several "Location Records" including restaurants and hotels.
- Each record will contain an address, country name, telephone number and a web address. Location database will be provided to the developer.
- The application should be capable of determining the handset's current location and filter recordsaccording to the current location; with a default filter parameter, say 2 miles.
- Filtered records can be viewed in "List mode" and on "Google Map" as described here.
- Filtering options can be modified by clicking a filter button that appears upper right corner of the screen. When this button is clicked, search preferences can be modified; for example search range can be changed to 5 miles..etc.
- User can also be able to browse records independent from location criteria. For example the user may be able to browse records in Brasil even the user's current location is Germany.
Toggle between "Map View" and "List View" should be possible.
- If Map View is selected, the records near the user's location are pinned on the map and the shown records can be selected by pressing on the pin. Upon pressing on the record's pin, a bubble is highlighted and when the bubble is pressed, information regarding that record is shown. These will be address, phone number and web address..etc. The record's phone number is displayed as a button and when it is pressed, a phone call is initiated. When web page URL is pressed WebKit starts and navigation to the web page is possible. If address is pressed, "Map View" is toggled and the record is shown on Google Map. Map View is more likely required as it is in "Local Picks" application of Trip Advisor.
- When the WebKit is active, "back", "forward" and "stop" is possible. Closing the webkit and back to the application's latest state, in this case, record information was shown, should be possible. There will be also an opportunity for the user to start Safari by clicking a button for the selected URL.
- When List menu is active, searching for a keyword in the records should be possible.
- When Map View is active, caching for the map should be done by the application. So that each time the Map View is toggled, map can be gathered from cache.
- There should be a language file in case we want to change the application language and compile the final application with another language.
- If a location cannot be determined or Google Map communication cannot be handled, user friendly messages should be shown and retrying opportunity should be given to the user.
Please ask your questions if anything is missing or unclear..