Here is your chance to work for a game-project. Please place no unreasonable high bids, it is just some xml scipting.
Overview: For a 2D-Shooter game we need an automatic-playing-demo scripted. We have a master script calling different maps which will play short gameplay scripts / movies. Your part is to create these scripts, four scripts for four maps.
I need this job done in 2 days, one map for review finished after one day. I provide the program, data and a detailed DOC.
To Do overview:
- placing units (player-glider, enemies, machines) into the four maps as I described
- the units move according to my description
- destroyed units explode, the units will be replaced with explosion animations
- some units fire at each other with particle weapons or radial weapon, must be well synchronized
- the sounds for weapons have be defined/called in script
- the units get good moving sounds assigned in the [url removed, login to view]
- fire and explosions will be defined in the objects-XML or manually played in the map-script
Pressing "Return" reloads and restarts a script, so no need to restart the whole program each time.
The (xml based) script system defines
- soundplay (to create lazerfire-sound and explosion-sound)
- display and delete units at defined time in ms
- moving units along defined waypoints with movement-sound
[- animated textures / units will be played automatically of course]
There are comments and explanations in the example-scripts, they are easy. The difficult part will be exactly synchronizing of the events so they look smooth together.
The scenes will contain moving enemy-objects which fire weapon particles at the player and the players-glider fires back and the enemies explode. (enemy-unit has timeout, at same time new "unit" - the animated explosion is created in at the same place)
The maps are in the directory demomaps as rar-files.
Some units may have graphically to be turned 90 or 180 degrees so they fit to the flight direction.