I would like to develop a support/remote control system like [url removed, login to view] It should be based upon VNC. There should be two clients, an support representative host client and a user client both of which connect to a server application to manage the VNC connection.
Client should have the following features.
1) Allow view or full control access
2) Allow easy screen shot for administrative client (supoprt rep)
3) Allow for easy file transfer
4) Allow multiple support sessions for support rep
5) Both clients should work on NT, 2000, XP, 2003, ME
6) The user client download should be less than 500k
7) The support rep can create session via the support client, the support rep will give the support session number to the client and or general url such as [url removed, login to view] which will list all current sessions which the client can join. The support rep can choose to make their support session public. This will create a link on the support website where the user can download the support client and be automatically connected to the rep.
8) No more than once per week the client (when used) will check for the latest version of the client software and download.
9) If the user already has the support client software it will not download again and will either give them the option to type in the session key or provide a list of support representatives for which they can share their computer with. We should just show a webpage in the client application with available support reps.
10) We also need to allow reverse support sessions whereby user can view support reps screen and interact.
11) Support rep should be able to setup a meeting whereby multiple user clients can connect and view screen. If a meeting is setup then the user client can only view the screen.
12) Client should use the http port and must use high color (>256)
13) Meetings access should be controlled by a separate password set by the support rep.
This client should have all other standard features found in the [url removed, login to view] client. You can setup a 15 day trial on that website to verify features.