We're looking for an experienced and skilled Arduino/C Embedded Developer who can develop just the firmware for our Agritech IoT devices to be commercialised in a farming/agriculture setting.
*** PRODUCT SUMMARY ***
- Consists of TWO types of devices: the "Gateway" which is a Internet-facing (WiFi) device which communicates with API, and, anywhere from 20-50x "Nodes" communicating with the Gateway via a on-site mesh network (ZigBee)
- Both Gateway and Node are virtually identical in hardware components and design, where both utilise their respective I/O channels to either operate agricultural sensors or irrigation valves
- Customers will DIY setup their devices on their farms, by connecting to each device's Bluetooth and providing the device with whatever is required to either join an existing on-prem WiFi network or existing ZigBee mesh network (from a previously setup Gateway)
- Customers interact with the devices via a mobile application (React Native app) where they operate the device (get sensor reading, open/close valve, start/stop pump, ping device to check if it's online) and then via mobile app UI interactions, commands are sent to the Gateway (via API) before being broadcasted by the Gateway on the farm so the intended device receives this instruction
*** TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ***
- Embedded hardware components to be provided/used: ESP32, ZigBeePro v3
- Device communications: Bluetooth (Device setup), WiFi (WAN telemetry), ZigBee (mesh network)
- Programming requirements: C programming, Arduino IDE, TCP/IP, HTTP/JSON, experience with GraphQL (API endpoint)
*** ADDITIONAL PROJECT DETAILS ***
- Refer to our Request for Quote for more detailed information regarding this firmware project, which includes user requirements, technical requirements and other specifics for the purposes of you to understand our requirements and project scope in order to accurately quote:
[login to view URL]
- Refer to attached file "ESP32 FOOTPRINT" and "esp-32-yd_schematics" to understand design and pin arrangement for the ESP32 board we are using for our devices (both Gateways and Nodes)
- Refer to "Gateway Block Diagram" and "Node Block Diagram" to understand the components and component arrangement of our devices, respectively
*** WHAT NEXT? ***
We are ready for any hired contractor to begin work immediately, or at the very latest in early January 2023.
Please kindly review all information supplied and kindly provide us with an accurate quotation. If you have any additional questions or require additional materials to help with quotation, we will quickly respond to a list of those questions in email unless video call is absolutely necessary.
Upon providing a quotation, we will likely reach out to you for a video call and get a better understanding of experience, technical requirements and project nature.
Thank you for reading and we appreciate your time applying for this job.