Our company has recently developed a new electronic TFT control interface based on existing TFT product but adding some new features. The purpose of this document is to define the requirements for a new firmware development based on Microchip MPLAB Harmony platform.
2. TFT CONTROLLER HARDWARE
TFT controller is an embedded hardware design based on PIC32 microcontroller.
This are the main elements to be controlled by firmware:
• PIC32MX460F512L microcontroller
• S25FL064L 64Mbit SPI Flash memory
• 2,8” color TFT 240x320 dots with backlight (controller included)
• 5 push buttons to navigate on TFT options & manage it
• Two RS-485 serial communication channels, one as master MODBUS-RTU and the other as SLAVE MODBUS-RTU
• I2C temperature sensor.
• USB Host interface to connect an USB pendrive.
3. TFT CONTROLLER FIRMWARE
The main purpose of this new firmware development is to migrate the existing TFT CONTROLLER application to a new powerful RTOS development platform. Also we want to add some new features to this new firmware, as described bellow:
• MPLAB® Harmony: abstracted, fully integrated Embedded Software Development Framework for the PIC® family of 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs). It takes key elements of modular and object-oriented design, adds in the flexibility to use a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
• Bootloader that allows to upgrade the TFT controller application firmware by connecting an USB pendrive to the USB Host port interface. In a second step, the bootloader should be able to upgrade firmware of remote Clever slave units by RS-485 communication.
• A new graphical user interface using all capabilities of PIC32 uC (DMA) to allow fast and efficient access to TFT controller. MPLAB Harmony Graphics Composer (MHGC) to provide an easy to use What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editor which accelerates development of graphical user interfaces. Small animations are required.
• Powerful communication drivers for fast and efficient interface communication (up to 115200 bauds). TFT controller Master Modbus-RTU interface must control, in Real Time, the operation of till 32 slave units.
4. PLANNING & MILESTONES
Our company will supply a hardware unit of TFT controller and all necessary tools for developing the new firmware.
TFT controller is the brain of the network system, so it will detect automatically all slave units connected and it will control them. This slave units could be also another TFT controller but working in slave mode operation: in this case the firmware should be different of TFT controller in Master mode operation.
Proposal phases / milestones of firmware project:
4.1) PIC32 Bootloader that allows to upgrade it’s own TFT controller application firmware by connecting an USB pendrive to the USB Host port interface. This pendrive will contain the .HEX files with some kind of identification unit code and CRC redundant code to avoid mistakes
4.2) Basic firmware for platform demonstration purposes. 10 bmp file images 240x320 dots should be read from USB pendrive and saved on SPI Flash memory. Using pushbuttons, this images should be read from Flash memory and write on TFT display. Fast image transitions are required.
4.3) Bootloader application that allows to upgrade firmware of detected remote equipment units by using RS485 interface. TFT controller should read the new firmware files in USB pendrive: is very important the correct identification of remote units and it’s corresponding .HEX file. There are 2 kinds of remote units to upgrade FW: TFT controller (slave unit) and Clever PCB. 32 units can be connected to the Modbus network.
4.4) Migration of TFT controller v1 existing application firmware to the new TFT controller v2. This application fw must be completely integrated in the new RTOS development platform.
37 pekerja bebas membida secara purata €7920 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hi there we are a team of electrical and software engineers. we have 8+ years of experience. we have read you details and we can provide you complete solution. let us know if you are interested.
Hi there, I have checked the details I have great experience with C Programming, Electronics, Embedded Software, Engineering, Microcontroller. Please start the chat so we can discuss this job more in detail. Thanks