I'm using a discontinued third-party library for WiFi functionality in my Delphi application.
This library is written in C++ but can be used with Delphi as a DLL with a linker file with all function headers.
I would like to get rid of this DLL workaround and have the library written directly in Delphi.
The library consists of mainly one large file (and 3 small helper files with header definitions etc.).
The main library file that needs to be translated consists of 9300 lines of code (including empty lines, comments, log output, etc.). The library contains large parts that can be removed without translating them:
1. ADVWIFI -> part of a different library edition and can be completely left out.
2. All functions are included in two API versions: For WinXP SP2 and for later versions (XP SP3, Vista, etc.)
You can remove all WinXP SP2 parts! (almost half of the original code)
3. You can leave out some of the helper functions, like IP functions (GetAdapter*, SetAdapter*) that are not needed for the given demo project.
-> The resulting Delphi file will probably be less than 3000 lines of code.
This will make it much easier for you:
- The required headers from the "Native Wifi API" of Windows have already been translated to Delphi in [url removed, login to view] ([url removed, login to view]). You can include that file without having to translate them yourself!
- The provided Delphi linker file contains already all Delphi function declarations. Simply copy them to keep the names and data types.
- The library comes with a Delphi demo project, that allows to easily test the whole funcctionality of the library. I'll provide you this demo project, so you don't have to create your own test UI.
- You have a wireless network adapter in your development system, so you can actually test the result.
- You have Delphi XE.
- You have Windows 7 or 10 to test the result on.
- You can read and understand C++ and you can write quality Delphi code.
- If you have already coded with Native Wifi API then please tell me that. This will be a huge benefit in getting selected.
- Translated library can be compiled in Delphi XE and 10.2
- All parts (except for Win XP SP2 and AdvWifi) are translated correctly and cleanly.
- All functions keep the given names and parameters, so I can use it in an existing project.
- For testing and verification: The library can be used with the Demo Project without any adjustments (of course instead of using the dll the translated library pas will be used).
- Keep all the existing comments. If you want to add new ones, do this: "//NEW: ..."
- No memory leaks. (test e.g. with madExcept)
- You may not publish, forward or use the original library or the translated library in any other projects!
10 pekerja bebas membida secara purata €205 untuk pekerjaan ini
Hello - It sounds like an interesting challenge and very good fit. Please share that C++ library and let me know when you are OK to discuss, thanks. Best, -Mike