write an emulator for x86, capable of running simple assembler
code (binary format).
C language and assembly expert needed
executable, source, examples, readme.
Make sure that submission actually gets to me!
Your program should be able to load a binary executable (.com) format
and perform the instructions one by one.
To be able to see that the program works, one should either implement
some output functions or be able to show the registers contents, of course
doing both is desirable.
e .. there are plenty of ways of doing it:
– debugging capabilities (an interface that allows to step an instruction, change a register, run, quit,...)
– support direct output
– compute execution statistics
– support more commands
Important information that you miss for now:
• vars,arrays,computation of memory addresses
• ability to output ***
• more instructions (remaining arithmetics)
• understanding the file format and how to load it ***
• understanding the overall structure of the program ***
• ability to terminate program ***
• how to make sample files ***