We have a current custom GUI for OpenVPN with all existing source code but would like to add some small functionality to it and interface improvements.
Current binary can be found at [url removed, login to view]
Full details on that previous project is here. [url removed, login to view] It was eventually written in C# instead of Python.
1. Package with latest OpenVPN version 2.2.2 and also a version with the Alpha1 2.3
2. Secure IP Bind: Secure IP Bind forces specified applications to only establish an internet connection once connected to our secure VPN. This ensures that said applications will only ever work behind a secure internet connection. (for e.g. [url removed, login to view])
3. Ensure smooth shutdown of program when shutdown is initiated. Currently program needs to be manually exited or else Windows will prompt
4. Periodic checks to automatically update keys/certificates/configuration files.
5. Interface improvements. We kinda like how [url removed, login to view] looks like. Clean and simple. Maybe with our corporate colors and such and links to appropriate places such as ordering/renewing.
6. Tab that will retrieve blog posts updates from our Wordpress blog via the feed.
7. Ensure Proxy Support is working (not sure if this works within our current GUI) but this is inbuilt within OpenVPN so shouldn't be complicated
8. Have ability to start on boot and also ability to specify a connection to a specific OVPN configuration upon startup. Retain all existing functions from existing GUI.
9. The program needs to be compatible with Windows XP and upwards to Windows 7. Windows 8 compatibility would be a huge plus in view of its impending release.
10. If you think a complete recode is easier in another language that is also possible ESP if it would aid porting to a MAC version. Otherwise prefer to use existing code.
We're only looking for programmers who properly bug test their work and are seeking for a long term relationship. Good English speakers only please that will keep us regularly posted without prompting. Previous programmer bailed halfway for no reason so we're quite particular on this.
We are also looking for a Mac version of this client which will be a separate project. If you have experience in this or porting this will be a huge bonus as well.
Some people appear to have difficulties bidding due to the skills for some reason. Have amended it to hope it will clear the error.